What brand of mobile tablet do you currently use, or plan to purchase in the future?
Do you know of or use a medical app or mobile website you think would be useful to others? Share the link with us! We will review the app for inclusion in this guide. We will give top consideration to apps that are free and from an authoritative source.
Sladen QR Code
The majority of the products listed in this guide are available at no charge to you through the Sladen Library’s institutional subscription, or are freely available to the medical community. For library resources, please follow the set-up instructions to ensure proper access.
Occasionally, a resource may charge a fee for the downloading of an app, or for adding additional features to a free app. The Sladen Library and Henry Ford Health System are not responsible for any charges you may incur when purchasing mobile device apps.
Click on the tabs along the top of the page to see the mobile resources in each category.
Download the New BrowZine Journal Reading iPad App
1) To begin using BrowZine, download the free BrowZine iPad app from the iTunes App Store
2) When initially launching BrowZine, select "Henry Ford Health System" from the "Choose Library" drop down list
3) Log-in with your HFHS Network User Name and Password
Features of BrowZine:
- PDFs of articles open directly within the app
- Create a bookshelf of your favorite journals for easy access • Built-in features for saving, emailing, and sharing articles
- Push notifications can alert you when a journal has new content
- Articles found in BrowZine can easily be synced up with Dropbox, iBooks, or several other services to help keep all of your information together in one place
An Android version is coming soon!
Mobile Device Security
The security of your mobile device, especially when used in healthcare, is of utmost importance. Here are some simple safeguards to help ensure the security of your device and the data on it.
- Enable the auto-lock feature on your device
- Enable password protection
- Only connect to known, secure Wi-Fi networks
- Keep device software up to date
- Only buy apps from trusted sources (apps stores)
- Back-up your data regularly
- Don't use auto-complete functions that remember usernames and passwords
- Enable remote wipe incase your phone is lost or stolen
The following resources have recently been added to the LibGuide:
- BrowZine - Located under Books & Journals (5-3-13)
- Plan to Publish - Located under Productivity "Publishing" (5-3-13)
- PFA Mobile - Located under Medical Specialties "Behavioral Health" (4-16-13)
- Endote for iPad - Located under Productivity "Reference Management" (4-16-13)
- Omnio - Located under Clinical Resources "Clinical Apps and Calculators" (3-26-13)
- RadLinks - Located under Medical Specialties "Radiology" (3-18-2013)