The majority of the products listed in this guide are available at no charge to you through the Sladen Library’s institutional subscription, or are freely available to the medical community. For library resources, please follow the set-up instructions to ensure proper access.
Occasionally, a resource may charge a fee for the downloading of an app, or for adding additional features to a free app. The Sladen Library and Henry Ford Health System are not responsible for any charges you may incur when purchasing mobile device apps.
Click on the tabs along the top of the page to see the mobile resources in each category.
The following resources have recently been added to the LibGuide:
- Clinical Pharmacology app - Located under Drug Resources (10-31-14)
- AccessMedicine mobile app - Located under Clinical Resources "HFHS Access" (10-20-14)
- ACP Immunization Advisor - Located under Clinical Resources "Clinical Apps...." (9-9-14)
- Mohs Surgery Appropriate Use Criteria (AAD) - Located under Medical Specialties "Dermatology" (9-9-14)
Mobile Device Security
The security of your mobile device, especially when used in healthcare, is of utmost importance. Here are some simple safeguards to help ensure the security of your device and the data on it.
- Enable the auto-lock feature on your device
- Enable password protection
- Only connect to known, secure Wi-Fi networks
- Keep device software up to date
- Only buy apps from trusted sources (apps stores)
- Back-up your data regularly
- Don't use auto-complete functions that remember usernames and passwords
- Enable remote wipe incase your phone is lost or stolen
No Internet Required
Once downloaded, these apps can be used without an Internet connection. However, a wireless connection is required to periodically download updates and keep the information up-to-date!
- Calculate by QxMD
- First Consult
- Micromedex Drug Info